How BSLBATT lithium-ion batteries are safer for workers and safer for trucks？
As a manager, one of your top priorities is the safety of your workers.
OSHA estimates that each year, approximately 85 workers are killed in forklift-related accidents. In addition, 34,900 accidents result in serious injury, with another 61,800 classified as non-serious. One of the hazards workers must contend with when operating forklifts is the battery.
New advancements, however, are making forklifts safer to operate, with more companies in the material handling industry investing in lithium-ion technology to power their equipment.
Lithium batteries for forklifts save time, money, and the environment. When compared to traditional lead-acid technology, lithium batteries charge faster, last longer, and power doesn’t dissipate when being used. With batteries charging faster and lasting longer, there’s less downtime. Similarly, batteries don’t need to be swapped, watered, or equalized saving a bunch of time, money, and warehouse space.
Below, we’ll explore ten ways a lithium-ion battery makes your forklift safer to operate so that you can be assured you’re getting the most out of your investment and protecting your employees in the process.
1. First, the battery uses a UL 94 V0 fire resistant standard-- that's a high insulated PP shell that can withstand up to 180 degrees C.
2. BSLBATT has a unique one-way explosion-proof valve with US patented technology to release internal pressure in a timely matter.
3. There is a special 22 mm M8 terminal that can pass 400Amperes of current.
4. BSLBATT adopts deionized water technology instead of oily technology which more environmentally friendly and safer.
5. BSLBATT cells adopt a lamination progress instead of a winding process. The discharge rate is increased but the battery resistance is reduced, this keeps good consistent performance over the entire cell.
6. The battery management system has evolved into its fifth generation, which is the most stable and reliable yet, with more than 30000 forklift installations.
7. The insulated high voltage box protects the whole battery-electric system and can pass a maximum of 1000 amperes.
8. BSLBATT has a specially designed UL94V0 ABS insulation cover to prevent electromagnetic interference and ensure 100% insulation.
9. BSLBATTery connection cables and data acquisition lines use fire-retardant cable and insulation sleeving.
10. And finally, BSL battery containers use strong steel with a quarter mm coating and up to 8mm thickness container of anti-collision and anti-corrosion. an insulated PP shell that why our battery is safe. The battery cell uses fire resistance PP material. UL 94 V0 standard withstand up 180 degrees C withstand high internal pressure valve special terminal 22mm can pass 400 A of current uses deionized water instead of oily uses the lamin process instead of dwindling process the discharge rate increases but resistance is reduced keeps good consistency. Our BMS has been installed in more than 30,000 forklifts high voltage box pas 1000A insulated they can be stacked and prevent electrifier retardant cable and sleeving.
Lithium-ion batteries offer many benefits for companies that want to increase efficiency and improve workflow. For companies that prioritize safety in their operations, lithium-ion batteries are especially valuable thanks to their design, which promotes features such as temperature control, simple charging and a lack of watering requirements.
Choosing the best electric forklift battery for your business can be an extensive process. Our article, How To Choose The Right Forklift Battery, provides a closer look into the differences among the most common types of forklift batteries, and what you should know when weighing your options so that you can make the best choice for your operations.